Friday, December 9, 2011

Practice, Experiment, Edit

As I have no substantial portfolio yet and no money to hire models or make up artists, I often find myself photographing others on the sly or even worse - dolling myself up and getting in front of the camera (que horror). 

It's good to experiment with limited resources, and using a very basic photo editing program (Windows Photo Viewer is surprisingly capable), you can cook up interesting things.

Practically the only usable shot from that experiment, but hey, I learn from my mistakes.

A bad exposure doesn't necessarily mean it's the end of the world

Sometimes ordinary people can make interesting subjects

Blurring can end up producing more dynamic pictures

You'll never become Ansel Adams, Steve McCurry or Juergen Teller without making mistakes, and a purely technical photographer might miss out on the story.

Live, love and shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me hone my skills by posting C&Cs, or help me love the photography more by posting your thoughts and inspirations. :)