Monday, January 2, 2012

Mang Freddie and the First Moon Shot of the Year

Before 2011 left the building, I got myself a new tripod, Mang Freddie (Manfrotto 190xPROB with 486rc2 head). He's what a Pinoy would call bagong luma (new-old) or segunda mano (second hand).

Of course I had to put this here; no hauntings from getting a thrifted tripod, the owner is still alive, thank you very much!

My goodness, the tripod can make a BIG difference in your shots! I didn't realize my old tripod was really shaky until I took shots of the moon tonight. 

Razor sharp photo of the January 1, 2012 moon, compared to my older moon shots (La Luna)

With a proper lens, I could probably set it up to look for ant zits. 

Getting a ballhead also meant adjusting the camera position using only ONE knob. That is a miracle for me as I used to fiddle with zillions of controls just to move the camera along different axes.

For those who have yet to buy their own tripod, here's a tip: invest in a good model. Don't settle for the cheaper ones, because with tripods, you really get what you pay for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me hone my skills by posting C&Cs, or help me love the photography more by posting your thoughts and inspirations. :)